LIFE+ program for the environment and climate action
LIFE is the EU's flagship program for nature, biodiversity protection, and the fight against climate change. From 2021, LIFE will also fund actions related to energy efficiency and renewable energy. The Council of the EU adopted its position at first reading on the LIFE program for 2021-2027 paving the way for its final adoption. The final step will be the approval of the text by the European Parliament at the second reading.
The new LIFE program has a budget of €5.4 billion for the period 2021-2027 covering the following areas:
- Nature and biodiversity
- Circular economy and quality of life
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Clean energy transition
! A CALL FOR PROJECT PROPOSALS WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THE COMING MONTHS ON FUNDING & TENDER OPPORTUNITIES PORTAL
Eligible applicants: private bodies, public entities and NGOs registered in EU
Type of grants:
Provisional timeline for project proposals:
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
- When proposing a technologic project, the solution needs to have a high level of technical and business readiness allowing implementation in close-to-market conditions and bring clear environmental and/or climate benefits.
- Focus on the transferability of the project results to other sectors, regions or countries, beyond the duration of the project.
- Impact in solving European level environmental and climate challenges.